Do You Know The 20 Facts About Hair? – Having black hair and healthy shiny is the dream of most people, both men and women. But have you thought about what other benefits of hair actually are?
In addition to aesthetics of the body, Do you know the 20 facts about hair?
- On average, the hair tends to grow between 0.5 and 1.7 centimetres per month.
- The fastest growing tissue in the human body is hair.
- The lips, palms, and soles of the feet are the only parts of the body where hair does not grow.
- The main purpose of hair is to protect the body and keep it warm.
- People are born with about 5 million hair follicles.
- People with oval-shaped follicles have very curly hair, whereas those with round follicles have straight hair.
- Telogen effluvium can cause hair loss.
- Hair can work like a natural sponge that can absorb oil.
- Hair contains information about what is contained in the blood including minerals and medicines as well.
- Asians mostly have long, thick hair, while Africans tend to have hair that is wavy and thick.
- Red hair is the most rare and only about 1 percent of the population in the world.
- The strict diet is one of the inhibiting factors for hair growth.
- The fine and thin hair that covers most of the body called vellus hair.
- Terminal hair is hair that is longer, thicker, and darker grows on the head.
- Lanugo is a type of hair growing on the fetus while still in the womb.
- Babies born prematurely tend to have more lanugo than babies born at full gestational age.
- Alopecia areata is a common autoimmune disorder that often results in unexpected hair loss.
- The only thing that CAN’T be identified by hair is gender.
- Hair is made from the same substance as fingernails.
- Men grow hair faster than women.
Please read the article below:
- Traditional Herbs to Lose Weight and Shrink Belly | HerbalLife – A healthy life