The kidneys are a pair of organs in the body that are very important to their existence. The kidneys are located on the back of the abdomen or right under the ribs. The shape of the kidney is like twin kidney beans in the body. The function of the kidneys is very important, such as filtering the body’s metabolic waste, filtering the blood and also removing toxins and impurities in the body. Moreover, another important function of the kidneys is to maintain the balance of salt and water in the body so that the body is neither too dry nor too wet.
The functions of the kidneys :
- Kidneys are the organs that produce the enzyme rennin which this enzyme that helps regulate blood pressure remained normal.
- The kidneys also produce a number of active compounds from vitamin D which can then be absorbed by the bones.
- In addition, erythoprotein compounds are able to stimulate the production of red blood cells in the body.
- The kidneys regulate the chemical compounds in the body related to the heart and muscles to remain coordinated.
Around us there are many medicinal plants that can be processed into natural medicines to maintain a healthy body. And you can use this natural method as an alternative to herbs. Not only have to consume chemical medications. There are many alternative herbal ingredients that can be consumed to help reduce diseases that have kidney problems.
7 Traditional Medicinal Plants for Kidney Problem
1. Heartleaf maderavine madevine (Binahong) Leaves
The first traditional medicinal plant is Heartleaf maderavine madevine (Binahong : in Indonesian) leaf which has the Latin name Bassela Rubra Linn. This plant has many extraordinary health benefits so that it is often processed into medicinal herbs. Regular consumption of Heartleaf maderavine madevine is known to treat and relieve various kidney diseases and maintain health.
Heartleaf maderavine madevine can help repair damaged kidney function by lowering levels of creatinine in the kidneys. Consumption of Heartleaf maderavine madevine can also help cleanse the kidneys from various kinds of toxins that accumulate in them so that the kidneys become healthy and avoid damage.
Kidney failure is a condition in which it decreased function so that it can no longer perform the various functions very well. It is known that Heartleaf maderavine madevine leaf boiled water is very good for overcoming kidney failure. In addition, Heartleaf maderavine madevineleaves can be used to treat kidney tumors.
By eating the Heartleaf maderavine madevine leaves, it will inhibit the growth and spread of cancer cells / tumors that had not spread to other body parts such as kidneys and you also avoid kidney cancer.
The processing method is also very simple and you can do it at home.
- First prepare 10 to 15 grams of fresh binahong leaves with just 1 cup of water for boiling, don’t forget to wash them first.
- Boil the water with the binahong leaves until it boils, then cool it first and then filter it
- You can consume this herbal 2 or 3 times a day before meals
2. Breadfruit Leaves
The second The first traditional medicinal plant for kidney problem is Breadfruit leaves are very good for consumption by people with kidney disease whether processed traditionally. This is because breadfruit leaves contain several compounds such as flavonoids, tannins, and hydrocyanic acid, even riboflavin and aseticolin which are believed to help restore kidney conditions
Breadfruit leaves can be used as material to perform naturally on kidney dialysis. Besides being more economical and affordable, the breadfruit leaf also does not cause harmful side effects to the body.
Here is how to make the leaves of breadfruit into herbal medicine kidney disease.
- Prepare some breadfruit leaves that have been washed.
- Then boil the breadfruit leaves in 3 cups of water and wait for it to boil. Try to wait until the breadfruit leaves are crushed when boiled.
- Then after being cooked remove, strain and make it cool.
- Consume regularly 2 times a day every morning and evening regularly to get maximum results.
- If you don’t really like the taste then you can add brown sugar, honey and lemongrass leaves to get a better taste and aroma.
3. Celery Leaves
Celery leaves or Apium graveolens is a type of vegetable that originates from the Mediterranean and the Middle East. Since centuries ago, celery leaves have been known for their health benefits, such as gout, pain relievers, and kidney disease. Celery leaves have been known for a long time as a source of antioxidants that are easily available. Antioxidants are compounds that are necessary to protect the body from the effects of free radicals. In fact, this substance is also believed to help prevent kidney disease. The statement was proven through research from The New England Journal of Medicine. Researchers from the University of Alabama is trying to see how the effects of antioxidants on kidney function.
This study was followed by 227 adults who suffer from chronic kidney disease. They were then asked to receive placebo (empty medicine) and methyl bardoxolone methyl at doses that were prescribed for 24-52 weeks. As a result, the provision of bardoxolone methyl containing these antioxidants improve kidney function by 30%.
4. Cat Whiskers Leaves
This traditional medicinal plant has a mini size, with white flowers resembling a cat’s whiskers. These sections can be used to break down kidney stones by boiling, and boiled water consumed regularly. The leaves of the cat’s whiskers plant have many benefits and ingredients. One benefit is that it helps to overcome various disorders of kidney disease. Cat’s whiskers leaves can be used as medicine with boiled and boiled water taken regularly every day.
The cat whiskers plant processing procedure can be done in the following ways:
- First, wash the cat’s whiskers thoroughly.
- Boil 3 cups of water until the remaining half.
- Drink the cooking water 2 or 3 times a day to obtain maximum results.
- The remaining water is one and a half glasses, then drink half a glass in the morning, afternoon and evening before going to bed.
5. Garlic, Lemon And Onions
You can also combine three natural ingredients such as garlic, lemon and onion as medicine to kidney failure.
The method of concocting it is quite easy, you only need to follow the following instructions:
- Prepare 3 lime first, 2 cloves of onion, then 11 cloves of single garlic, then wash thoroughly.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender, then blend all together.
- After you feel it is quite like a paste, you can consume this herbal 3 times a day before meals and in a dose of 1 tablespoon
6. Mangosteen Skin
Mangosteen fruit and skin contains natural xanthone compounds which are able to ward off free radicals effectively. Indirectly, the mangosteen fruit can rid the body of harmful substances and toxins which cause kidney disorders. This substance is also capable of making blood flow more smoothly thus lowering the risk of the presence of other diseases such as heart disease and stroke.
7. Sour-sop leaves
This plant has so many benefits. Besides being able to treat cancer, it turns out that soursop leaves can also be used as a medicine for kidney disease. The efficacy of this soursop leaf herb is able to treat kidney failure slowly but surely if consumed regularly.
For guidance in concocting it is as follows:
- First, prepare 3 – 5 pieces of soursop leaves then wash them thoroughly.
- Boil the soursop leaves in enough water to boil.
- Wait until warm, then strain it to take the cooking water.
- Consume regularly 2-3 times a day until the kidney condition improves